Dr Anna Parker and I recently recorded a video CPD presentation to assist solicitors in navigating the COVID-19 version of litigation in Australia. In particular, we discussed electronic brief and electronic hearings, mediations and conferences.
The video runs for just under one hour and, if relevant, may provide 1 CPD point in relation to professional skills.
Watch the video here.
On 4 May 2017, Debra Cherrie and I presented to a group of around 35 lawyers at Arnold Bloch Leibler on the fundamentals of family law financial matters, and how family law intersects with commercial law.
The topics covered included:
- Spousal Maintenance
- Property Settlements
- Requirement for Justice & Equity
- What Constitutes Property under the Family Law Act 1975
- Treatment of Trust Interests
- Treatment of Potential Inheritances
- When the Court Can Make Orders
- De Facto Relationships
- Ousting Jurisdiction
- Intersections with Commercial Law
- Taxation and Duty
- Corporate Issues
- Contractual and Equitable Principles
- Inheritance Entitlements
- Asset Planning
- Financial Agreements
- Orders in an Intact Marriage
Download the slides: Family Law: Fundamentals and Intersections with Commercial Law